The Lowrance HDS series is a popular choice for anglers and fishing enthusiasts. The company produces both high-end, professional grade fishfinders as well as more affordable options that are still of very high quality. They have models with multiple built-in sonar technologies to suit all your needs from the open ocean angler to the weekend warrior on inland lakes and rivers.
Lowrance has been in business since 1957 providing top-quality marine electronics equipment to workboats, recreational boats, yachts and commercial vessels. There are many different types of fish finders available on the market today but Lowrance continues to be one of the best manufacturers due to their commitment towards innovation and customer satisfaction.
Let’s take a look at the Lowrance HDS fishfinders available:
Lowrance HDS 7
The Lowrance HDS-7 Live with Active Imaging 3 in 1 is the perfect tool for fishermen wanting to explore new fishing grounds. It can be used as a standalone fish finder or attached to console that has limited space, and it offers access to newer Lowrance innovations like live sonar updates and onscreen mapping without any additional tools required
- High-quality 7” multi-touch/keypad screen with an LED backlight
- vBroadband CHIRP sonar and StructureScan transducer
- 2 microSD card slots, wireless connectivity, video input, and Ethernet/NMEA 2000 networking
- High-sensitivity GPS
- Up to 3,000 waypoints, 100 routes, and 100 trails with up to 10,000 points per trail
- Preloaded Insight US charts + compatibility with many others
Lowrance HDS 12
Lowrance’s HDS 12 is the perfect tool for exploring and navigating your favorite body of water. This device features a high-resolution, multi-touch screen so you can enjoy viewing charts in detail on any size vessel or chopper to see what lies ahead while also listening to SiriusXM marine weather forecasts with audio compatibility.
- High-resolution, 12″ SolarMAX HD multi-touch screen
- Wireless and Bluetooth connectivity
- SiriusXM marine weather and audio compatibility