Humminbird PiranhamaX 197C Review
The Humminbird PiranhamaX echosounder is capable of sending ultrasound from 200 kHz to 455 kH at angles of 28 ° or 16 °. Although the device provides a perspective view of everything under the boat, it is less effective at detecting fish. The system of this fishfinder is equipped with “Down Imaging” and can scan an area of 75 ° angle with 455 kHz. However, it is possible that this frequency associated with this angle does not provide great precision to the fisherman.
Otherwise, this device does not have GPS, which could be detrimental to the lack of precision that can provide its probe. Even with a screen of 480 pixels on 272 pixels of definition, the accuracy of the probe is not optimized to 100% and declines after 30 m. This model is equipped with a rechargeable 180 mA battery. But it remains compatible with batteries of 4 ah or 7 ah.
The Humminbird PiranhamaX 197C is deal for all types of small boats as well as kayaks, etc …
So ! take advantage of this new easy-to-handle system scan probe.
- Screen resolution 320 x 240 pixels.
- DualBeam 200 and 455 kHz Dual Frequency Probe.
- 2 beams of 28 ° and 16 °.
- Equipped with larger sounder performances, it is surprisingly easy to use: “We press a key and we fish, that’s all”.
- Very small footprint and unmatched price / quality ratio!
• Built-in features as standard allow it to compete with high-end sounders.
- Characteristics of the probe: 200 KHz / 28 °
- 455 KHz / 16 ° @ -10db
- Water resistance: IPx7
- In the box: Sonar screen
- Power cord
- Fixing bracket
- Fixing wheel
- Transom probe
- Fixing bracket of the probe
- French manual
- French menu: Yes
- Number of beams: 2
- Total sweeping width: 28 °
- Screen type: FSTN LCD
- Diagonal screen: 3.5 “
- Target separation: 6.5 cm
- Standard Probe: Backboard (SH-A03T)
- Screen size W x H: 55 x 75 mm
- Screen resolution: 320 x 240 pixels
- Water temperature: Yes
- Four-beam option: No
- Number of colors: 256
- 50KHz option: No
- RMS power: 300 W
- Through-hole plastic probe: Option (SH-B03T)
- Power (Peak): 2400 W
- Bronze Through-Tube: Option (SH-C03)
- Dimensions on support: 105x176x89
- Recessed dimensions: 115 x 14 5x 26
- Installation kit: Option (SW-TPM2)
- GPS interface: No
- NMEA0183 output: No
- Power supply type: 10 – 20 VDC external
- Gross weight: 1.10 Kg
- Pollster functions
- Low battery alarm
- Fish alarm
- Depth alarm
- Noise filters
- Fish ID
- Fish ID +
- ID Structure and Inverse
- Gray line and white line
- Integrated simulator
- Selection of displayed colors
- Water temperature
- Scrolling speed
- Zoom on the bottom
Opinions about the Humminbird PiranhamaX 197C
This echosounder is easy to install and its screen offers a display easy to decrypt during the day. Moreover, this fish finder is among the entry-level products and is worth its price. In spite of everything, the apparatus provides with quite precision the characteristics of the fish-surroundings. This model is especially recommended for small fishing boats. The fishfinder indicates the bare minimum to know to make beautiful catches.